Hot Water Units – Gas, Electric, Solar & Heat Pumps
Hot water unit installation, replacement, service & repair for Geelong, the Surf Coast and Melbourne
There are five main types of water heating systems:
• Mains pressure storage systems
• Low pressure or gravity feed
• Instantaneous or continuous flow systems
• Solar systems
• Heat pump electric systems
At Tomlinson Plumbing, we can recommend the right system for your needs by assessing your responses to the following questions:
• Where is the system going to be installed?
• How much hot water does your household use?
• Is the area prone to frost or sub-zero temperatures?
• Is lowering CO2 emissions important to you?
• Does the house have access to gas?
• Would you prefer the storage tank to be mounted at ground level?
Electric hot water unit replacements
We also have an ‘Electrical Disconnect and Reconnect’ licence, which enables us to disconnect your existing electric hot water unit and reconnect a new electric hot water unit, eliminating the need for an electrician. Sorry Sparkies!
Solar hot water systems & heat pumps
There are many benefits of solar hot water systems and heat pumps, including:
• Full mains pressure
• Low running costs
• Rapid hot water delivery
• Back up heating provided by booster
• 65% less energy used than a standard heater
• Reduced green house gas emissions
• Non-ozone depleting refrigerants used on heat pumps
As fully accredited green plumbers, we can confidently offer you expert advice on environmentally friendly hot water options.