Skip to content

Call: (03) 5261 2422

    

What causes carbon monoxide emissions from your gas heater?

Gas Heater Services & Safety Checks - Geelong - Tomlinson Plumbing

Gas Heater Services & Safety Checks – Geelong – Tomlinson Plumbing

Gas Heater Services & Safety Checks – Geelong, Torquay, Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove & surrounds

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odourless, colourless gas that can be produced by faulty, damaged or unserviced gas heaters. It can be fatal, but it’s easy to protect your family from this silent killer.

What causes it?

The following is information from Energy Safe Victoria’s website, which sums it up perfectly:

“Carbon monoxide can be produced in large quantities if your heater does not completely burn the gas it uses. This can happen for a number of reasons but the most common causes are faults, lack of servicing or a blocked flue.  In most cases, the by-products produced by your gas heater are dispersed to the outside of your home via the flue. But these can build up quickly in living areas if the flue is blocked, there is not enough ventilation or exhaust fans in the kitchen or bathroom are used and draw these gases back into your home.”

A gas heater service and safety check by a licensed gas fitter will determine if your heater is fit to use.

Play it safe and have your heater checked.

Give us a call on 5261 2422 if we can be of assistance.

 

This is an article from our Gas Heaters Series

Pin It on Pinterest