Gas Heater Services & Safety Checks – Geelong, Torquay, Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove & surrounds
It’s quite simple –
- get your gas heater serviced at lease every two years by a registered or licensed gas fitter to ensure it is working properly.
- The gas fitter who services your appliance must use a Carbon Monoxide (CO) analyser.
- Ensure there is always adequate ventilation.
- Regularly check the colour of the flame in the heater. A blue flame usually indicates the heater is working properly. A yellow or sooty flame may indicate a faulty heater (please note: yellow flames are deliberately used for decorative effect in some appliances, such as gas log fires).
The following situations may indicate that a problem exists –
- Soot or discolouration around the gas appliance
- Yellow flame*
- Heater goes out after a short time for no apparent reason
- Debris falling down the flue pipe
- Missing or damaged cowl on the top of the flue pipe.
Play it safe and have your gas heater checked in readiness for the cold weather.