Skip to content

Call: (03) 5261 2422

    

Carbon monoxide poisoning | Family's lucky escape | Tomlinson Plumbing | Geelong | Torquay | Ocean Grove
Carbon monoxide poisoning | Family's lucky escape | Tomlinson Plumbing | Geelong | Torquay | Ocean Grove

Carbon monoxide - the silent killer

This Ballarat family is very lucky to still be alive. They were slowly being poisoned by their gas ducted heating.

After feeling unwell for about a month and suffering headaches and vomiting, escalating to seizures, Mum Erin was finding no answers to her health issues. Even after being rushed to hospital on several occasions, doctors could not give her any answers.

Her young children were also feeling unwell, but not to the same extent she was.

It was pure luck that their heater stopped working in the middle of winter. It absolutely saved their lives.

The pieces of the puzzle finally came together when a plumber inspected the heater and informed the family that there were high levels of carbon monoxide leaking into their home. Blood tests were carried out and Erin was told she had carbon monoxide poisoning.

Erin was the one most severely affected, as she was spending more time at home, with her work closing due to COVID. Her husband and children were leaving the house each day for work and school, so their exposure was less.

Dreading to think what the outcome could have been, Erin’s message is clear – “Get your heater checked. It’s simple – get you heater serviced every two years. If your heater isn’t working right, don’t think about it – just get it checked.”

Play it safe with gas. Have your heaters serviced and safety checked at least every two years by a plumber licensed in Type A Gas Appliance Servicing.
It’s just not worth taking any chances.

#carbonmonoxidepoisoning #gasheatersafety #playitsafewithgas #carbonmonoxidetesting

Pin It on Pinterest