🌧Get your gas heaters ready for the cold weather❄️
Energy Safe Victoria recommend all types of gas heaters be serviced and safety checked for carbon monoxide at least every two years (ducted heaters, gas log fires, space heaters, wall furnaces).
Each Winter we decommission an average of 10 heaters that have been emitting carbon monoxide.
How does carbon monoxide spillage occur?
Carbon monoxide can be produced in large quantities if your heater does not completely burn the gas it uses.
This can happen for several reasons, but the most common causes are lack of servicing, product faults or a blocked flue.
In most cases, the by-products produced by your gas heater are dispersed to the outside of your home via the flue. But these by-products can build up quickly in living areas if the flue is blocked, if there is not enough ventilation, or exhaust fans in the kitchen or bathroom are used and they draw these gases back into your home.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly. You just can’t have a ‘she’ll be right’ attitude.
~Play it safe with gas~