Yesterday we decommissioned our 7th gas heater so far for this Winter (our second dangerous heater for the day).
This particular space heater in Torquay was leaching massive amounts of carbon monoxide and it also had a gas leak.
The home owners had been getting headaches and feeling 'a little off', and it's no wonder. They were very lucky indeed because they turned their gas heater off before going to bed each night. Had they not done that, the consequences could well have been fatal.
They're off to the doctors today for a check up.
Four out of the seven heaters we have decommissioned showed no signs of any damage and appeared to be working correctly.
Play it safe and have your gas heaters serviced and carbon monoxide tested at least every two years.
Tomlinson Plumbing can assist you with the supply, installation, repair, service and safety checking (carbon monoxide) of all types of gas heaters and gas log fires in Geelong, Torquay, Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove & surrounding areas.