Evaporative air conditioners & split system air conditioners – Geelong, Torquay, Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove
How you use your air conditioner can determine how efficiently (or not!) it works.
Here are some tips from Sustainability Victoria:
- Set the thermostat between 24°C and 26°C for cooling. Every degree lower in summer will increase running costs by around 10%
- Use the economy setting if your system has one
- Keep the sun’s heat out by closing curtains and external blinds during the day
- Close windows and doors to areas being cooled when a refrigerated air conditioner is running
- Make sure you have sufficient windows and doors open when using an evaporative air conditioner
- When the air conditioner is switched off and it’s cooler outside, open doors and windows to let the cool air in
- Insulate your home to keep the heat out in summer and in during winter.
- Regularly service your air conditioner.
If you need assistance with your air conditioner, give us a call on 5261 2422.