Gas Heater Services and Safety Checks – Geelong, Torquay, Anglesea, Barwon Heads, Ocean Grove & surrounds
Here’s a snapshot from Energy Safe Victoria’s website to help you identify the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. As always, prevention is better than cure – and in this case the ‘cure’ is to get your heater serviced and safety checked at least every two years.
Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning claimed nine Victorian lives between 2000 and 2011, while dozens more people have been treated in hospitals. The symptoms of CO poisoning include:
- Shortness of breath
- Mild or severe headaches
- Nausea and vomiting
- Weakness and sleepiness
If the poisoning is extreme, it may lead to confusion, loss of consciousness and death. Loss of consciousness can occur quickly if the CO concentrations are high.
Some people are especially sensitive to CO. This includes people with:
- Heart disease
- Young children
- Unborn babies
- The elderly
Symptoms may occur when using, or immediately after using, a gas appliance. Doctors should be alerted when CO poisoning is suspected.
Play it safe and have your gas heater checked. Call us today on 5261 2422.
This is an article from our Gas Heaters Series